2008-09 Reign Training Camp Schedule Announced
6 Free Agent Camp Participants Invited To Attend
ONTARIO, Calif. – The Ontario Reign of the ECHL, proud affiliate of the NHL Los Angeles Kings and the AHL Manchester Monarchs, announced today the schedule for the 2008-09 Reign Training Camp, which begins Friday, Oct. 3.
The 2008-09 Reign training camp begins Friday, Oct. 3 and will run through Tuesday, Oct. 14 at Center Ice Arena in Ontario. On and off-ice practice sessions are scheduled and on-ice sessions are free and open to the public to view. Nearing the end of training camp, the Reign will skate in two pre-season exhibition games. One against the Bakersfield Condors on Oct. 10 and one versus the Las Vegas Wranglers on Oct. 12; both games played at Center Ice Arena.
Six players who participated in last weekend’s Free Agent Camp were invited to continue their tryout with the Reign at Training Camp. The players selected to participate are:
The Reign on-ice training camp schedule is as follows:
- Mike Thomson - La Habra Heights, Calif.
- CJ Tozzo – New Rochelle, NY
- Brian Cooke – Los Angeles, Calif.
- Itan Chavira – Upland, Calif.
- Alex Redmond – San Jose, Calif.
- Scott Raisanen – Corona Del Mar, Calif.
- Friday, Oct. 3: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 4: 1 – 3 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 5: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 6: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 7: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 8: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 9: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 10: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Exhibition Game #1: 7 p.m. versus Bakersfield ($10 entrance fee/ $8 with a new or used book to donate to charity)
- Saturday, Oct. 11: 1 – 3 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 12: no practice scheduled
- Exhibition Game #2: 5 p.m. versus Las Vegas ($10 entrance fee/ $8 with a new or used book to donate to charity)
- Monday, Oct. 13: 10 – 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 14: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Pre-season game admission is on a first-come first-served basis at Center Ice Arena. Admission is $10 and fans can gain access for only $8 if they bring a new or used book to donate to a local charity.
*Note: Training camp schedule is subject to change. Please visit www.ontarioreign.com or call (909) 941-PUCK (7825) for any schedule changes.
Began in 1988-89 with five teams playing in four states, the Premier ‘AA’ Hockey League has grown into a coast-to-coast league that will have 23 teams in 16 states and British Columbia playing 828 games from Oct. 17, 2008 to Apr. 4, 2009. Eighteen of the 23 teams have played at least five years in their current city.
The third-longest tenured professional hockey league behind only the National Hockey League and the American Hockey League, the ECHL averaged 4,174 per game last season, marking the fourth year in row and the 16th time in the last 18 years that the league has averaged over 4,000 fans. The league has drawn over four million fans each of the last five years and 11 times in the past 12 seasons.
Opening night is only 23 days away! Get your seats now for the Reign’s Inaugural season presented by the Mission Inn. Season tickets and mini-plans are on sale now and offer an affordable entertainment option for families and residents of the Inland Empire. For more information about Reign season tickets or mini-plans contact the Reign office at (909) 941-PUCK (7825) or visit www.ontarioreign.com.